Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager supports the Property Manager in all functions and is responsible for much of the on-site financial and record keeping functions. Such duties include but are not limited to collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the communities existing client/resident base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing issues and reducing accounts receivable delinquency, assisting in resident relations. In the absence of the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager will assume all responsibilities of the Property Manager. This position will report to the Property Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
- Assist Property Manager with all on-site day to day operations
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls to the residents in a professional manner while keeping and improving resident relations.
- Update the delinquency notes in OneSite
- Resolves resident-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with property manager and collections supervisor.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail/Email/Written/Verbal correspondence to residents to encourage payment of delinquent
- Posting rental payments, scanning bank deposits and overseeing the administration of accounting functions for the community.
- Meet daily with Property Manager to discuss delinquency issues and community performance.
- Maintain all relevant records and reporting for the community.
- Process evictions and maintain constant communication with the eviction department.
- Assist the Manager with any onsite duties in the manager’s absence.
- Assist with leasing when needed.
- Answering phones. It should never ring more than twice.
- Actively participate in resident relations and retention.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to residents/prospects and co-workers
- 2-5 years of previous Assistant Property Management experience
- 1 year of Onesite Experience (preferred)
- One year of collection experience preferred
- College Degree Preferred
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong technology skills
- Well versed in eviction and county websites preferably Clayton & Fulton
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule often weekends (2 to 3 weekends)
- Experience with Callmax, LRO, Lead2Lease, and Google Smartsheets & Forms
- Excellent computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Well versed in GAA Lease and Addendums & Fair Housing guidelines.